Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Unofficial Official List: Part 2

Almost one year ago, I made two lists on my blog. The first was all the things I would miss about home, the other was all the things I loved about Korea. Now it is time to reverse those lists and add many new things that I have discovered that I loved and missed since being in Korea! Here we go:

*Things I will miss about Korea:
-My Friends - I can't believe that I was able to come to a foreign country and meet so many people just like me. People who wanted an adventure and to experience another culture. I will miss all my "chingus!"
-Kimbap Naras - These amazing "Ma and Pa" restaurants that serve delicious Korean food. You could spend about $3 or $4 dollars and be so full and not finish your food!They are everywhere too!
-Norebangs - Or "song rooms." I love me some Karaokee!!
-Underground shopping - Next year, I will not bring any clothes and just go shopping in the underground for cheap, yet good quality clothing!
-Transportation - I wasn't a fan of buses and subways before Korea, but thinking about the money I saved on a car and gas is incredible! And the system is so easy to understand!
-Taxis - A taxi ride around town can cost under $5! Yes Please!
-Korean Children - Wow! They are cute!!!
-The Convienence of Everything! - Whether it's the internet company, the locksmith, the doctor, the pharmacy, or even the police, you make a phone call and they are there within 15 minutes! There is no ridiculous waiting period for anything!
-Diaso - A high-quality dollar store that sells just about ANYTHING!
-Korean Snacks - the food is regulated so strictly by the government, that even the chips and cookies are healthy and delicious! If I eat cookies at home, the way I do in Korea, I'll be huge in a month!
-Korean Food - I need to find Kimchi ASAP!
-My Students - I never thought that I would love a child this much, that wasn't mine, until I met these kids. I am going to miss them so much, but I am so happy that I was able to be apart of their education and lives. I will never forget them!

*Things I will love about being home:
-Family, Friends, Pets, blah blah blah - it goes without saying, yeah??
-Driving - I am so scared, but so excited to try driving again. My parents already told me that they are taking me to the high school parking lot to practice before I hit the road :)
-Carpet - I haven't felt carpet in over a year!
-Clothes Dryer - YES!!! No more mold on my clothes or waiting two days for my clothes to dry!
-A Real Shower - I'm just sick of my bathroom being wet EVERYWHERE!
-Speaking English to Strangers - I have not spoken to someone I didn't know in over a year. I haven't been able to ask where things are at a store, or ask for directions.
-Not Being Stared At - It was flattering at first, now it's just plain annoying and rude!
-T.V. - I have started to understand Korean and have enjoyed watching Korean T.V. but I miss my shows and getting super excited about how magical "Dancing With The Stars" is with my mom :)


There is probably so much that I am missing from both lists, but these are the things that have come to mind! I am currently in the middle of my last day at ECC! I have to go and say goodbye to my students and the tears are coming! Two days and I'll be on an airplane home to my beautiful Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment